Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review: The Penderwicks

Now, I know that one of you has already read the Penderwicks, but just in case there are any blog spy-ers or book review lookers, we are still writing a review.

Now this book:
Not our picture
Is about four sisters (Rosalind, 12, Skye, 11, Jane, 10 and Batty, 4) who don't have a mother and, for summer vacation, go to a mansion called Arundel and meet a very nice boy with a very annoying mother. Because this book is about sisters and these sort of stories always go like this, the four girls have a lot of fun and many adventures. But we aren't here to tell you the plot of the book, that's for you to find out for yourself, we are here to tell you why you should read it! So here we go.

Danni: So why should they read it?

Andi: Because it's like an old book, it's all sweet and innocent, but it was only written in 2005 so it has the modern touches.

Danni: Right. I also think that they should read it because it's not too long and would make a good read-aloud, it's pretty much for all ages. Though I do warn you that the oldest sister, Rosalind, has a creepy crush on the garden helper, Cagney.

Andi: Cagney is a terrible name.

Danni: I agree.

Andi: If there were one thing you could change about this book, what would it be?

Danni: I think I would take out how annoying Skye is sometimes. What about you?

Andi: I agree, but I think I would also take out more of the awkward moments.


Danni: Like what?


Andi: I wish that the author spread out the information more. I would also take out a bit of Rosalind's creepy crush.

Danni: I think a lot of 12 year old's have creepy crushes.

Andi: Yeah, but it's weird because she keeps talking about her friend (Anna) and what she would say and we never even meet the friend.

Danni: Point taken. Anyway, this book is really good an definitely worth a go. If you could pick an actress to play one of the girls, who would you pick?

Andi: Ooh that's hard.

Danni: I think we should make a post devoted to that.

Andi: I agree, but let's give them a sneak-peek.

Danni: That's what I was going to say!

Andi: Well, let's give it to them for one character.

Danni: Okay, which one?

Andi: How about a minor character. What about Cagney?

Danni: Okay.
We agree that this guy, Max Thieriot, would be a very good Cagney. He's 22 and Cagney's 19. Not a bad difference, of course he'd need a baseball cap. Hehe.

So that's our sneak-peek, get ready for the rest in the not-so-distant-future.


Danni: So, overall stars for the book, what do you think?

Andi: Um... probably four.


Danni: Out of five? I agree.

Andi: It would have been five, but there wasn't a lot of action.

So that's our review! Comment telling us what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment